Friday, 31 January 2014

Salmon and Rice Noodle with Spinach

Another lunch, another soup...same ingredients, but with a little twist for variety--as I'm still in the same-same-same days where I'm testing.  Today, I'm going with spinach-which is supposed to be fine, but I'll verify...

1 tbsp butter into a soup pot, start heating...
6 large shallots, quartered or halved
5 cloves minced garlic
3 cubes beef, chicken, or vegetable bouillon
fat thumb's sized minced fresh ginger root
cubed frozen salmon (because the frozen is purported to have fewer antihistamines than the fillets that sit in the coolers)
lots and lots of spinach, washed well, and cut into ribbons (to match with the rice noodles)
half a bag (you'll likely need to snap them...) of pad thai style rice noodle

Assemble in that order, add pepper and salt to taste...

I'm ready to eat, so...
Cheers and chao!

1 comment:

  1. So this is way better than with broccoli! Kids liked it too...even with sp*n*ach in it?!! Typically, no kid in this house has ever embraced spinach-especially raw-so this cooked version with fun noodles might be the answer. Like the first one I tried, there is a buttery-lovely flavour to whole thing thanks possible to the butter, but I think olive oil needs some credit too. Also...a tip-frozen salmon is really hard to cut across, but if you try cutting along the length of the fillet it is super easy! I also forgot to add that I put in some dill...I like dill. I really like dill because it seems to magically freshen up whatever I'm making. I don't put it in cake-there are lines, after all.

    ReplyDelete