Monday, 27 January 2014

Lemonade--a little change

In an effort to feel better, I've been researching ***GAH!!!! I hear Furbies*** exhaling slowly...and  back to blogging....after I laugh that they're singing to each other!

My research has suggested several times that perhaps stomach acid could be low, and that one way to increase it, thus improving digestion is to add a lemon water before meals.  Other sites have suggested that cold liquid at a meal can mess with digestion--which I already eliminated, but more because of sensitive teeth...  These same suggesters suggest to have this lemon water in advance, to give it time to move along before the meal needs to digest.  So I'm trying it.  It also helps to have lemon trees for inspiration, and a good citrus juicer.  The Thermomix is great for it too, and adds in the fibre of the lemons...but use what you have!

Lemon-AID
pitcher of water
5 juiced lemons or limes
about 30 drops, or 4 tsps of powdered Stevia (which is supposed to be ok...)
I'm going to try rolling the lemons on the counter to press them in advance and see if they yield any more juice than they did this time.

That's it...no need for it to be cold, because the lemon is tart enough to keep it refreshing-

Cheers and chao-

No comments:

Post a Comment