It's a big blood draw day I think. The endocrinologist I'm seeing today is doing regular follow up; I'm hoping he knows a test for the DAO deficiency, as that would give me more information. If that deficiency shows up, it will make understanding my weird on-again, off-again reactions a little easier. With low DAO, the body can't break down histamines effectively, leading to the allergic and pseudo-allergic responses like skin, sinus, digestive troubles...
Since changing it up three weeks ago, I have lost 6 pounds, been doing yoga, started up meditation, weights, spinning a little (but not so much as to trigger stress responses), had a couple of relaxation massages (one was actually relaxing), my skin seems clearer, and I'm just generally feeling much better, because I like not vomiting frequently, and I like being not bloated. I've also been using a neti pot with great success, and don't feel as though I need my allergy pills any more, so I've stopped. The reason I feel safe enough to do so is that I have epi-pens and benadryl and inhalers should anything respiratory happen to me. I'm very fond of getting air.
In exchange, I've eliminated all processed food, which wasn't difficult-unless you count the plantain chips I had once per week- those I kept, but they were oil, and plantain, and nothing else...not even preservatives. I have no more morning coffee, which is sad-I miss the routine! I have been striving to limit any of the foods that are supposed to be higher in histamine. I've also eliminated nightshades, with the exception of Jeff's birthday dinner out, when I had both cheese and potato--and then didn't feel so great the next day. I've been keeping a journal-very easy with the computer-to track what I'm taking, eating and doing...
Cheers and chao.
No comments:
Post a Comment