Saturday, 12 February 2011

Like a Saturday from the old days...

Today is all about whatever we want--so lessons today.  So we had crepes for breakfast, and I like the new Greenpans; but I still have big love for my cast iron.  It's new, but works like it's been around for years, especially when it's making crepes. 

Jeff's taken the boys to the office, followed by a burger, and the girlie bird is home with me.  We had lunch, and are just hanging out.  I found an episode on tv, she played a little tetris on my phone, I did my nails while the computer played the show, and now they're dry enough to type.

In food news, I seem able to eat eggs and potatoes--I've given them another chance, and another challenge.  Eggs for breakfast, eggs for lunch, and we'll see.  I feel quite full even though I've not eaten as many as the other challenge day.  I had a bit of roasted pumpkin left over, so I pureed it in the Thermomix and reheated it for lunch; but after a few bites of the egg and potatoes-I had no more room for it, so it's back in the fridge.

My neighbour-a Canadian-runs a health food shop here, and now that I know my way around better-I'll be able to go down there and see what's up with the new honey shipment.  He also brings in a lot of quinoa, so that's likely a good spot to get bags large enough for my new staple food.

Our friends are maybe having a BBQ...so I guess we're maybe going to their place.  I think it's a weather-dependent thing.  It's been raining here for three days in a row; which is unprecedented in anyone's memory for the height of summer here.  This time last year?  In the midst of no rain for 5.5 months.  The sun is shining again, but there is cloud.  I'm loving it.  The break from the heat has been utterly refreshing. These few damp days here have felt more 'homey' after our years in Vancouver...

My closet is sorted a bit, the housekeeper came today, so there's a whole lot of order going on in the house!  I like it...I also like not doing laundry.  The washer and dryer are mini, so it's an intensive, or daily process.  I prefer intensive to daily.

That's it-today's a bit of a snore...which is fine, because we've been quite busy all holiday long.  On I go to emails and photo sorting...I'm going to try an iphoto book.  Oh-and I might spray my post swimming back and shoulders with some Deep Cold, because although I enjoy the reminder of yesterday's efforts...I think I'm over it.

Chao!









No comments:

Post a Comment