I'm feeling so sluggish, can't say why, but at least I can still think! It could be days of staying up late, getting up at a reasonably early hour, and the extreme heat...I'm also worrying about my nana's grandson--every second thought, though I can do no more for him!
Figured out the headaches last night, right before sliding into bed...I had shelved my headache pillow. How's that for a princess moment?!! I needed my special pillow to support my neck. Backstory? Ok. Reactivated the neck injury I got as a "gift with accident" from our rear-end collision in Vancouver, about 18 months ago. Now, I need the princess pillow. I had been trying out the giant down pillow, but I believe I need both.
Today's menu was more quinoa, coconut milk, and maple syrup, avocado, a tiny bit of chicken, and for dinner, I made BBQ salmon--au natural, which is a departure for me--I like the spices a fair bit. We also had the treasure packs--carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic in foil, salad, and peas. I've saved some for Jeff, but if he's not home soon...he'll have to forage in the fridge.
We're all settling in for a movie, and I'm enjoying every last minute we have mom and dad here. I love that we're getting time together, and the kids are soaking up their attentions. Mom, a friend, and I headed into the downtown zone, to find some Lapis Lazuli jewelry and pewter. We were successful. The first store we hit had such strong incense that I nearly choked, and needed my inhaler for the first time in months. Na-st-y stink that was...
I saw beautiful pieces so if anyone would like to send a few hundred my way--I pick you something nice!!! ;p Hand polished stone, handworked silver....just beautiful. If you would like to see what I'm talking about try lapislazulihouse.cl for some examples. One place had an in-house designer, and their pieces were really unique.
I saw beautiful pieces so if anyone would like to send a few hundred my way--I pick you something nice!!! ;p Hand polished stone, handworked silver....just beautiful. If you would like to see what I'm talking about try lapislazulihouse.cl for some examples. One place had an in-house designer, and their pieces were really unique.
In other travel news: we're going to the Rugby World Cup! I've always, always wanted to go to NZ, and Jeff's always wanted to go to a World Cup--talk about win win win! We're planning two games, and countryside. And oh my, I hope they have a pub we can try. I might even be able to determine whether or not I can handle 1 (one) drink without hives/red facial rash, etc... Maybe I had better move that up the list of foods to try. There's a competition now: coffee vs soy vs gin...personally, I hope they're all winners!
Dinner tomorrow is in a restaurant to celebrate mom and dad's last night here...won't their neighbours be glad to hand the snow shovels back?! Well, there are roars of laughter downstairs, so the movie's calling!
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment