Monday, 7 February 2011

Tilapia could be the next best fish

Of course, there's really no comparison to salmon for me...that's still my fave.

BBQ potatoes, onions, carrots, tilapia, peas, and a me-friendly apple crumble-betty of sorts.  First--the fish:  I found these cool pans here, cast iron ovals, and they are brilliant for the BBQ.  No fish smells in the house, super hot, so really crispy fish from the BBQ that tastes delicious. 

For the crumble, I turned some brown rice into flour (which technically, I'm not to have yet-but I know I'm not allergic so I took a little gamble), added potato starch, and butter (which has no lactose, so again, that should be fine), and stevia, and an applesauce cup into the Thermomix, and pasted it over the sliced apples.  It was also good...with coconut milk for me, and whipped cream for the rest of the crew.

We watched Secretariat, and now the Superbowl's over, so that's a day and a night...

Tomorrow, I'll have some quinoa for breakfast, and then I'll be ready to shop.  And I need to make sure someone's home, because the pool filter's sand needs to be changed, so our pool isn't green anymore...We've been out of it for over a week; which is a long time when the weather's hovering around 32.

Sounds like complaining?  Not really, they're all good and easy fixes, and it's going to be really chilly soon enough.  Still can't call it cold--the 'ol background kicks in and it stops at chilly.  Like, Vancouver chilly, but a little more dramatic, and a lot less wet!
 
Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment