Friday, 11 February 2011

Diddit...but not well.

So I've possibly mentioned that I have been missing coffee...specifically--the lattes.  Had one today.  Halfway through, started feeling yucky, like heartburn, stomach upset kind of yucky...now I have to split it up.  Was it coffee-as in, can I still enjoy some decaf without the latte part?  Or, was it the coffee, as in, I can still enjoy - yeah, should have used quotation marks--the soy for some purpose other than making a latte?  I'll wait until tomorrow to test my theory.

What will I do with the cash I'm not trading to Starbucks for their lattes??? I've been pretty indulgent with that perk.  Get it?  Perk?  I think it's a fine coffee joke...

Mom and Dad are boarding right now; and I think we've mopped up the kids tears for the night--it was great having them here-and they're already getting missed.

[insert power outage here] And now, it's morning.  The house is exactly how we left it last night-I wasn't about to do dishes in cold water by candle light...

A quick kid quotation from this morning:
Mom, did you know that all the spiders in here mostly come from the drain?  OR, they come in through the window [wiggly finger spider hands] and get into the tub that way...AND they can swim.  We tried to flush one from the tub, and it just kept swimming around the toilet.  Swimming!  Swimming! Swimming! all around the toilet, but then it went down because we just kept flushing.

And on she ran with that story, until it turned into what pants she would wear...

Another half pound down today...which is precious little, but since it's in the right direction, I shall enjoy.  I feel a bit stiff, but I think that's just from getting soooo much sleep.  I feel rested today, and that's good, because now...we do back to school.  Backpack and lunchkit checks, and we're ready.  Maybe a few new pencils.

Today brings swimming lessons, and a nice dinner--something in whatever looks good at the seafood counter.  And that's the day.  Oh yeah- and finding out about my 2009 RRSP deduction limit.  That will involve waiting for CRA to open, calling auto # from friend's house with magic jack because my numbers aren't working, explaining to the machine that I don't have the information from my '08 return, nor do I live at that address anymore, and no, I'm not Jeff, etc...maybe I can find the line 150, or 50, or whichever line that is that I need for proof of identity on my laptop!

It's so unusually cloudy here today and cool??!!  Like winter,  only 5 degrees warmer.  I'm wearing pants?!  And shoes.  And socks.  Summer's gone on vacation.  I'm sure it's going to warm up again to around 32, like it's supposed to.

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment