Really-this is a test of the blog-but hey, there might as well be a topic right?!
Although I might laugh, and be tempted to leave all my typos in...I'll try to catch them--this occurs to me because I've just finished with the backspace...one exception though...holy carp is not a typo, even though it started out that way in an email I sent to my brother a few years ago.
Today, with kids! (school's out for summer and I've said yes to an outing). We are looking for diet cat food, because that's what hedgehogs eat. The last kind I bought had too much veggie content, and beta carotene for kiddo's liking--because it stains the hedgehog's solid and liquid output a disturbing shade of darkpinkbrown.
As for the people's food...looking for a lot of veggies, fish and chicken--as I already operate a pretty fresh kitchen anyway. No freezer space helps in this pursuit. I do have a well stocked pantry now, after months of adding the basics into the cupboards here.
Had a little "moment" the other day over my cupboards...keeping in mind it's a given that the house is fine enough, but there are quirks.
One: cupboards that are 1.4 metres deep, with doors that are about 38cm.
Two: hot water that is instant--sounds good...but not when I try to get a little consistency and it flushes all the way back to really cold--not good.
Three: a 20 cm deep sink doesn't pair well with a faucet that needs full pressure to have the hot water kick in.
And I'm limiting myself to four: lastly...a sink counter that is split from the backsplash so that all spills drip into the sink cabinet below. maybe it was the earthquakes-dunno!
But what the heck--the kitchens here in our new place differ greatly from my kitchens in Canada. I confess to feeling quite frustrated whenever I soak myself with water... The kitchens here are meant for a nana to work in--not for the senora to cook in... OH WELL.
OH WELL is the phrase I use when I feel it's best to accept and move on--instead of dig in and change the thing. Will I redesign the kitchen in this provided accomodation? Will I find a way to run the water at full pressure without soaking myself, and the floor repeatedly? No..therefore... OH WELL. There's usually deep breathing too-should mention that.
No comments:
Post a Comment