I'm a fan of words, expression, sharing ideas, sharing experiences, and collective intelligence...
So "Go with your Gut" seemed less gross than "gut reaction"; and I think I read "gut reaction" somewhere...so it didn't seem original enough. "Go with your Gut" is my answer to two of the main topics that I discuss with friends and family...I went with my gut and we moved to South America. And, I have lots of food -uh- let's call them issues, and sensitivites... Basically, my body says NO! to most of what most people ea--whether it speaks via a migraine, a lovely facial rash, reddened skin...or [enter second intention of title] my painful gut reaction--it generates an emphatic NO!. There...that's where the title came from...life, and food--and how it comes together for me.
After years of dedicated avoidance of wheat...thinking that I wasn't gluten intolerant, but sensitive to wheat, specifically!!!...my body has either changed my mind, or I was just squeaking through and able to tolerate small amounts of rye or barley (even though I have avoided barley for a number of years too--no pain, just rash--so I thought-hey, maybe I shouldn't have barley either). For some reason, I thought that my gut reaction would be the first red flag-but I think now I might need to listen to my skin a little more...perhaps the gastro reaction takes longer to manifest.
Overall, I'm in pursuit of greater strength in life. My goal is to have a healthier body (starting with appreciating the fact that I'm much stronger than I was-babies, operations, etc...) and better state of mind. I'm fully aware that mind and body are connected--so.... that gives me a number of avenues down which I can travel toward a more harmonious state of affairs.
A few years ago, I felt like I had it solved...but something has changed, or slid by me. I was feeling energetic, fit, and capable...then another child...and my whole body changed, or my life changed, or all that changed, and then changed again and again and again. So with change being the theme...I'm up for more! I plan to change my food intake, and continue with the swimming for fitness, and I hope to add in some yoga for the calming effect. I feel a little overwound sometimes, so I'm hoping that actively relaxing will do good things
Motivation has manufactured itself in the form of feeling closer to how I did before I cut out wheat (in a work...blechh) and less like the me of a few years prior. I have an aunt who shook up her whole life in an effort to live like she meant it-and she's been an inspiration too:) A reminder that I come from determined people!
And so, I'll keep you posted--what I'm doing, how it's working. At the very least, I'll have a mechanism for tracking my pursuits.
No comments:
Post a Comment