Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Mom-where are the wrenches?

"It's by the laundry sink"...[kid goes...kid returns, takes wrench from bag that was behind my chair]

"Are you sure?"  Cheeky.  (Seems that might be a genetic thing, that cheekiness of his.)

So today-I'll change the shower hose...or let him do it and see how he fares.  That's done now.  Tub is scrubbed--nay, I should say scoured, --his shower ought to rinse the last bits...

And I've made another Banana Bread.  It's half gone already.  Good thing for kids or I might eat too much...As for health today, I plan to knock a number of things off my list; therefore, out of my mind as well.  Banking, groceries, cleaning the bathrooms, etc...all those things that need doing, and are only fun once they're over--yet satisfying along the way, can't deny that I enjoy being productive!

Other plans include photo sorting on the computer...because I don't see myself ever having more time for it than I do now!  So, that is on my list of fun things.  I enjoy the digital; but at times, I miss the mystery of discovering whether or not the shots worked.  I don't miss having a pile of pictures that are hard to throw away though...because it's too hard to toss out a picture of a baby, toddler, or kid that you brought into the world--even if it's out of focus, only a shadow, or some other photographic oops.

And we'll make a pass through the house room by room over the next few days in an effort to localize our stuff and make rooms for our next guests!  It's a little liberating to have our housekeeper on holidays, and a little nuts (because I've trained myself to leave stuff!!! otherwise, what's the point???).  Now I have to revert to the old ways...but the kids are enjoying having things where they left them, and I've never had a better sense of where my papers are!  One day I searched for about a half hour for two cheques...she had, with excellent intentions, put them away for me (I was leaving them out to remember...) to keep them safe.  They were really safe!

I feel more energetic, I've been taking on loads of water, headaches are fewer, sleep has been more restorative, AND I think I might owe some credit to restarting the B vitamins...anyway-I'm going to go and get at it.  This has been a nice little sit-down:)  Perhaps I should also credit the triple shot latte that's recently drunk too!  But, no, I had one of those yesterday and I didn't feel this ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment