That was then, and now it's morning again. Pain? Less, but still there. Motivation? Well, that's high enough right now to do an elimination diet--poor timing, as we're having guests next week; good timing if I see it as at least being through the smoothie phase before they arrive. Pain says, today's the day.
I haven't done an elimination diet since '94. The last one before that was my dad's and I can still smell the microwaved chicken. Even the memory of the smell is strong enough to fire up the gag reflex. Happily, these eliminations are more smoothie, calm the digestive tract-focused now. The smoothies are good-and if I was loving the Thermomix before??? yep. Having the tricked-out food processor makes even more sense now. The truly sad bit is that there's no coffee in this elimination diet. None. For over a week. I'll look up whether or not I can have green or white tea-even though I a little bit hate them both.
So, to recap--pain's a bummer, but I'm taking the hint and I'll raise my blueberry and cucumber smoothie to pain-free days, and a clearer head. And I'll keep running back to the store. Blueberries are in season. Maybe I'll skip the blender and just eat those. Nah, I should get some greens in there. Might be clever to blend them all up and save myself the boredom of eating a salad I made. I like other people's salads; and if I've ever invited you for dinner, now you know why I always answer "What can I bring?" with SALAD!
My friend suggested this website's elimination diet, because it looked the most restrictive...I agree! It's so restrictive that I might actually learn more about my sensitivities. I should be able to manage the celiac-candida connection in this plan as well. Additionally, there's so much fresh stuff in their ideas that it's a great time to enjoy all the Chilean fruits and veggies that are in season now. I don't think I'll buy the cookbook though--as I just know it won't ship in time! Now, if they had an ebook...I'd really be cookin~
Recipe idea from http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2010/07/blueberry-cucumber-smoothie.html
Hey - I had a blueberry cucumber smoothie myself today! The Moroccon Quinoa Pilaf is delish for post-smoothie days. Add some roasted squash to it is my recommendation.
ReplyDelete