Tuesday, 4 January 2011

It disappeared before I could even put in how much we enjoyed the recipe

Banana Bread- from You won't believe it's gluten-free cookbook by Roben Ryberg
So good-no butter-and oats-so as far as baking goes, not too shabby for those who bake for people who shy away from butter and other LDL creating foods. Nice texture...and it even baked nicely in my ridiculously teeny countertop oven, right up front, by the door, where cakes don't burn their back ends!
I used my Thermomix...yes, I'm still in love!

Oven to 350, and grease an 8x8 pan
155 grams oat flour (now the love part--weighed oats into Thermomix, and buzzed it into flour in about 10 seconds)
2 medium mashed bananas, no more than 3/4c. 
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c oil 1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/4c oat flour
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xantan gum (mine was fine without)
1/2 tsp salt
Do the usual...bake approximately 30 minutes until the toothpick is clean

The recipe says it's better the next day-- no all I can say to that is...maybe next time we'll find out.


As for the pursuit of a happy body...
Today I cleaned as cardio...
Made salmon baked with orange marmalade and chile flakes...tasted it, super bitter, scraped all off...added a drizzle of maple syrup to the cooked salmon before serving-and then it tasted good.
Served it with steamed baby potatoes that I crisped in the frying pan with olive oil, salt, rosemary and oregano...
Jeff made a salad...had a Stella
And we had peas:)

Oh, and I sawed.  Now we have physical locks for the windows in the partially open position to allow for a little breeze and peace of mind in the night.  Once I hop out of this chair, then I'll change the hose on the shower--and l've promised a surprise to a kid, so we're going scouting on Skype to look for his friend.
Chao!



No comments:

Post a Comment