Haven't been in the water for awhile-kids sick, play arrangements with friends, birthday party, and sore shoulder (kiddo, not me)...We'll head up after Jeff gets back from his extra innings at work; taking two days to work at home because he was sick has a price tag.
I'm feeling under the weather as well, with the throat, but it's not moving along like I thought it would-which isn't a complaint!. If I were somehow able to skip it turning into a full-on cold, I'd be more than happy with that. It's more like headache and sore throat, and low energy--I'm just bugged at this time.
Dinner plans are under way-I just need to braise a chicken for a few minutes before I put it in the slow cooker. The kids' lunch today was fun for them-and a bit too simple to count as cooking. Halved cantalopes, filled with yogurt, and croissants.
I do have a plan for today, which I'd like to unfold thusly: Chicken goes in (stuffed up with fresh herbs between the skin and the meat so the flavour doesn't get discarded with the skin!). Then, we go swing a few clubs and swim, come back, make rice (or potatoes), and beets, and have the pepper salad that the kids like. (Ya, the old favourite one: red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and cheese.) Then I'll stay up until, let's say, until 9:45, and it's fall to sleep, and wake up well-rested and better.
Jeff's in the plan too, so he's slated to get better by tomorrow as well. And also, the kids won't get whatever bug we had. That's my plan.
Chao!
9:45 is a grown up bedtime right???
No comments:
Post a Comment