Tuesday, 22 February 2011

dinner that makes itself

Maybe I'll invent it...I could certainly use one today.  I am having a lapse in culinary imagination. 

I did go shopping with friends today, that was fun.  We got into the section of town where all the shops are offering their freshly imported goods at very fine prices:)  Two tan coloured linen Summer shirts that get two summers in a row, (for the rest of this season, and then for Canada), and a light knit piece, very soft to the touch and in a shade of deep blue with green that I have trouble leaving behind.  Shorts for the kiddo, apparently, those ones are for Canadian summer, or Chilean next summer as they're a touch large now.

There are Chinese and Thai markets there too, so I have a nice mix of brown (spelled Borwn on the front and Brown on the side-which makes it humorous), wild, and basmati rices from the market-but I forgot the fresh ginger, which makes me think they didn't have any today, because I went right past the usual spot for it...

I'm off to make spaghetti for the kids, with cheese and the sauce they like.  This is, I believe, consistent with being temporarily out of imagination for food...because I know I didn't think of this one!
Chao!




No comments:

Post a Comment