Monday, 28 February 2011

Buildup!

So there's that joke in Canada that there are two seasons:  winter and construction.  Well today, it's approaching the opposite here: it's summer, and nothing happened all summer...now, our streets are torn up, teeming with road crews, and lots of hand-digging--so I'm going with construction and winter as the new phrase here...

What other Chilean things are happening...stores are crammed with school supplies and big families, because Chilean schools normally start this week (our guys have more, because we break for North American summer vacation.)  It's winter break for us here in June/July.  The roads in our neighbourhood are really, really torn up.  (Old news...but there's more.)  Apparently, we'll have a tunnel through the mountain sometime in the future, and the main road into downtown is all shifty--closing and opening without notice...and the street to school is blocked too-in a different area.  So the "drive" is a changing beast-by the hour.

Health-wise (because I do use this to help me keep track of my progress:)  I'm still feeling really good, still losing weight slowly.  I keep remembering to drink lots and lots of water, so no headaches, no stomach aches, no gutaches....  Apparently-I can get still get viruses though.  I'm medicating with tea--and today, really enjoying it (*HUH?!!!*) because those ones I brought home from my tea-seeking day are really nice.

That's all-time to bike.  I know I can use some more exercise to relax/energize after the weekend of feeling sick and far away.

Chao!












No comments:

Post a Comment