Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Germs and Chicken!

I'm going to use chicken, and soup to help the family fight off these germs that are getting to us!  Treatment for the achy and prevention for the not-achy-yets of us.  And, vitamin C all around.  I restarted the vitamins for the kids a week or two before they returned to the giant germ share we call school-life.

The day began with a kid who vomited twice, then stayed home from school-none the worse for wear, other than being overly warm.  Then Jeff stayed home for the morning to rest off his sore throat, so then I took him to the office, but on the way there, his headache turned up the volume on him, so my drop off turned into a round trip for him.  

I had planned to get groceries on the return, so he just waited for me, and had a very small bite to eat.  Because there are sore throats in this house, dinner needs to be roasted chicken tonight, and I splurged.   I asked the meat guys which chicken was better, (meaning brand A or B) and they steered me over to the organic chicken, from a different section altogether.  I got that...wondering if it would taste like the farm chickens from Sask....

We'll see.  The sides for the evening's meal are mashed potatoes--by request.  I'll also make beetswith steamed broccoli over top.  I like to layer the foods when one needs lots of boiling water to cook.  Perhaps the broccoli over the potatoes instead, and the beets can go in the Thermomix.  Normally, there's be something fresh and crisp in there, so I'll have to sub in carrot sticks for the cucumber slices I'd choose first.

That's about it for today's foods.  I'm not very hungry, which is a slight shift from yesterday, when I was (but that was thanks to being out and about without lunch, and having to snack instead:)  Small price to pay for my muy barrato (aka CHEAP!) finds.

School has a remote outdoor experience planned, so I also stocked up on safe foods, to help ensure there are no anaphylactic reactions in camp!  Cereals, oatmeal, and cookies.  I have to assume the fruits and veggies will be fine.  I'm a little anxious about it, which is not the easy state of mind I had when we did this in Vancouver.  Squamish--details on the forms, awareness, etc...and I was reassured.  Here, it's 30 mins by helicopter and I will need to work to get the ease I seek!

Time for making the sides, so chao!



No comments:

Post a Comment