Sunday, 20 February 2011

It's out! It's out!

The office corner in the bedroom has moved to the basement!  Yahoo....and yahoo again!

I have always found it a bit restless-looking over at the desk, because it would alternatively say "dorm room" or "workaholic" at me-depending upon the state it was in.  And now, it's gone, and I'm sure it won't be loud enough for me to hear it from the basement.  Now the bedroom is just a bedroom.  We're planning a bookshelf, to go with the chair I slid in from the living room.  

To that end, we shopped today.  All five of us, in the mall; and were we fast!  So fast, that we caused "sore feet" and many "I'm hungry's"...we took care of all that.

Food was very simple today, because we had a full fridge, so we just took care of that.  All I did was make a potato salad to use up the washed potatoes I didn't cook on Friday night.  I misjudged by a whole foil packet as it was, and had one left over!  I think the focaccia reduced the hunger a fair bit because I made it with whole wheat-if you read Friday, that's old news.  So with the whole wheat, and lots of flavour, I don't think there was as much room for potatoes.  Plus-the teenage boy had some pizza before he came over, so that would account for a half packet at least!

We spent a lot of the day taking it easy, Jeff had a golf session, kids played at the neighbours, and we moved the desk, and stuff, downstairs, made some room for Jeff's books there, and generally got the whole lot taken care of.  Oh yeah, and I biked until I was numb--someone moved the seat, and I didn't realize it, so I was churning away, wondering why I couldn't feel anything!  Moved the seat back to where it should have been for me to use it right...but by then, well, just butt by then...so I had a shorter go than I would have liked.

When we got back from our bookshelf scouting trip, we made some popcorn, watched Beezus and Ramona, tucked the kids in, and that's the up to the minute news.

Tomorrow, my friends and I are getting together for a kitchen and craft session.  I'll help her with the bread, and my other friend will help us with the craft.  I am going to attempt to knit a bufanda para cama--that's a nice woolen throw for the foot of the bed.  I remember how cold it gets here in winter, not outside, inside!!!  And since I can't sleep until my feet are warm, this should help; and being wool, itshould have a high enough coefficient of friction to stay on the bed, and not just slink off to warm the floor while we sleep.

Speaking of sleep, it gets late fast here, so I'm off to find it!  Chao!









No comments:

Post a Comment