Today for lunch--more soup. Alphabet and dill for the kids who can eat alphabet noodles. No noodles for me today, but a different soup I'm waiting for hungrily.
The usual start, a dollop of butter and sliced shallots, with two soup cubes for extra flavour. A handful of brown rice, and a couple handfuls of lentils. I actually do pick over the lentils carefully, because it just take biting on a rock once--and it's paid off three times since, twice from the most recent bagful, and just this morning...
I wanted it to go as quickly as possible, so while I was chopping the shallots, I used the electric kettle to boil the water. I enjoyed a quick chop-fest with the cleaver, and added in garlic and fresh dill. The last entrant was the turmeric. I think this would be a nice house warming option for all of my family and friends in the north who are dealing with record setting cold temps and wind chill warnings... heat up from the inside too!
Cheers and chao-
No comments:
Post a Comment