Monday, 24 February 2014

Just yesterday...I wondered here about oats- and this article appeared via email from Angie and the Gluten-Free Club

Oats - yay or nay? o se dependiente?!!

I had to use Spanish to make it rhyme (yes, no, or depends...).   I'm feeling charged up this morning because I've allowed myself a coffee.  But back to oats for a minute- I have friends who farm in Manitoba, and a few years ago we were chatting about naked oats.  Racy talk about grains, no doubt...but the grower we were discussing processed everything really carefully, and the variety he grew was apparently gluten free.

The study in the link above seems to have discovered that it does indeed depend on the variety, and that some should...should... be okay for the celiacs.  I'm sure I'm not one, so this is interesting for me, because it puts an option into future foods that might be good for me.

Because I'm trying to keep the posts to one topic each (save for 'chat' kinds of things), my next post will focus on anti-inflammatory foods I've found on health.com....and other sites.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment