On the one hand, it's not fun to have a throat infection, but on the other, it's a preferable explanation. I'd much rather be sick and recover than to be continually, mysteriously, lacking energy.
So after a morning of figuring out how to get a doctor's appointment here, and not getting very far, I went down the hill to the emergency room to find out how to see a doctor in the hospital in a non-emergency manner. Turns out those were the same. So I sat, monkeyed about with my phone, and waited to be called.
And now, post-soup, I sit waiting for the biggest kid to prep for his (hopefully) last dental appointment for a little while.
I made a cabbage soup, which reminded me of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... with all this soup, we're eating for pennies, like Charlie's nearly penniless family. I was very heavy on the ginger and garlic, and very light on the soy-really, just a splash for colour. I threw in onions too, and after a chicken soup cube, I was ready to go. It was both soothing and punishing...so next time I'll use less ginger.
That's all for now-cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment