Friday, 28 February 2014

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate

Inspired by the old standard boiled chocolate cookie recipe, I wanted to make chocolate that had no corn syrup, no refined sugar, etc... like... healthy chocolate syrup...or at least chocolate that I didn't feel bad giving to the kids.

Chocolate syrup- Colombian style

I used equal portions of butter, cocoa, sugar, and three parts of milk--you can decide how much syrup you want, which will be slightly more than how much milk you used....

Melt the butter, sift in the cocoa so it is a smooth mixture, add the sugar and milk.  Bring it to a boil while stirring it constantly, and let it boil for about a minute.

Because I'm not a fan of dishes for no reason, I poured out the syrup into one of my saved glass jam jars, and left enough in the pan for three hot chocolates, then I added milk to heat, which cleaned up the pot nicely.  Three tiny (aka fun!) mugs of hot chocolate.  Done.  Chocolate mustachios all around!

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment