Now that I've gotten the results, as I noted before I have mixed feelings about that. I pushed today, as a result of it, after pushing last night...and I am feeling quite gross. Continuing with the lists of foods to avoid or limit, I have got to include cheese...I'll check the fresh goat cheese angle again later-after I get rid of the swelling.
Also, that list includes mustard, mayo, nectarines, plums, and today, corn (which seems rather more wicked than benign). There was a passionate request for baking today, so I did gluten free-but with oatmeal...which should be gluten free as well--but whatever I did, I'm paying. For the health of it all, I've had a couple of good workouts, in an effort to pump out the inflammation, so I'm good and ready for bed--happy in the knowledge that the Canadian Olympic teams have competed so wonderfully well.
It was great to think of all the family and friends back home enjoying the same extremely early game--Crosby's moves, Toews' game winner, and Kunitz's ability to not only see straight after being smashed into the boards, but to see the net and fire it past Lundqvist- There's not a lot of hockey here, and though I wasn't the most avid fan in my childhood, it was the background in my house- every Saturday night that I can recall...even way back-when we had two channels and we'd watch in French-just to see it. I can still hear "la deuxieme etoile" when I think back. I also remember enjoying it when my Aunt and Uncle came over with my cousins, because we could play while the rest of them were glued to the game.
Apparently, it was formative... I made sure that I didn't sound too irked when I asked the kids to not stand right in front of the tv-because we couldn't see through them!
So for the rest of the night, I'm resting off the food experiments, and enjoying the knowledge that once again, my home country's teams own hockey for four more years!
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment