Friday, 21 February 2014

Calm (before another research storm)

I feel much more calm about all this food business, as I posted yesterday, following the allergy test that revealed no allergies at all.  While an aspect of this is still frustrating-because I would like to be much more carefree about what I eat, and what I do, I actually feel a bit better.  These are some of the answers that I've always suspected; and it's actually a relief to have the hard data that confirms it.

Now, it's about moving forward.  I plan to research more into the histamine disorders; and see if indeed I am on the right track in combining the 'leaky gut' sealing things I've been doing, which included a candida cleanse for about a month and taking the amino acids that are supposed to help narrow the gaps.  I have a really tidy, natural, low sugar, low-glycemic index approach to eating which should have helped both with the cleanse, and inflammation-reduction.  The idea is that building up greater integrity in the digestive tract's lining, means there will/should be fewer bits entering the bloodstream to wreak their histamine releasing havoc that is part of the body's inflammation creation.  My plan was to deal with the short term while researching the longer term solutions- I think I have...

Once I know more about the histamine releasing pathways and mechanisms, I will focus more on the anti-inflammatory foods while keeping the greatest high-histamine offenders off the menu.  I think I am still healing because I am still losing weight- nearly 9 pounds in 6 weeks.  The exercise I have been doing is not only sustainable, but I find it sustaining as well.  It is much easier to choose well when I've just exercised, and I'm far less tempted to "never-mind" something after putting in the effort-I simply don't want to counteract the benefits I've worked for.

So for now, I'm thinking more, reading more, and I'm off to try nap this cold away.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment