Monday, 17 February 2014

Waiting on allergy appointment...

With the kids to school, and the biggest one back on the sofa with a fever and headache...I wait.  Maybe there will be positive results that give me information - but then again, I'm guessing there will be more inconclusive results...Meanwhile- we needed lunch.

There was ground beef in the fridge that needed cooking, so I went with that, rice, onions, garlic, and then I started to feel like something different was in order.  Instead of using the usual flavours, I felt like going with oregano, so that turn the flavour director along a different path, so I followed and added lemon juice too, onion soup cubes, and some ribboned arugula.  Basically, it ended up being dolmathakia soup... recalling my days of working in the Greek restaurants.

It tasted pretty alright to me, but the guys' noses sort of wrinkled up over the green in it...and it got a rousing 'wobble-hand' of approval/dislike.  However, when food has been restricted for a while, it was a welcome change for me.

Cheer and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment