I have a meeting coming up at the school, for which I have been preparing myself to challenge the status quo. It's not so simple as an expat, this challenging business: because I have to balance advocating for my children with cultural sensitivity. Point? I've been preoccupied and distracted these last few days. So preoccupied and distracted in fact, that I went to an appointment today that was tomorrow, knowing that tomorrow was the day, yet no connecting that today wasn't yet tomorrow, while being aware of school dismissal times because indeed, today is Wednesday...This is what I call very distracted-thinking perhaps I'd try two days at once, or skip one whilst having it...I could go on, but I risk distracting myself again. I've been getting a lot done, so that's a contributing factor as well- I've counted, and I'm up to a zillion dental appointments between the three kiddos--good dentistry practices here, and better prices, so "open" and "close" we have!
I've also been edgy about the food allergy test, because I simply don't like them. Who wants to get scraped up to 88 times? Whoever that is, it's not me! So that was tomorrow's appointment that I went to and realized once I got there that it is still today, until I go to bed!!! I got groceries to replenish our supplies of "liquids for the sick" instead. A two-dollar taxi solution.
Food wise, I thought I'd push a little and have some dairy today (on account of thinking I was having the allergy test). My thinking was (although thinking seems to be wanting today) that if I had freshly ingested some of the things I was wondering about, that I might have a more accurate test result. I'm just not sure enough of the whole IgE reaction chain works in an allergy test--as in, if I haven't been eating the stuff because experience taught me that would be wise, then will it still show up in the results? Will it show up, but with less intensity? Or, will it just not show up at all?!!
On the upside, while I might be a distracted mind at the moment...I am still exercising, losing weight, and feeling better--if you discount the rejection of the wee container of yogurt I had this afternoon.
Tonight's dinner will be one that I will watch carefully on the stove because who needs a kitchen fire, right?! Pan-seared salmon with lemon, and a decadent daub of butter, brown rice, beets, and, because they are here, mini lettuce heads, split in half so they can be called salad-I know, if it's just lettuce that's a stretch, but they're such cute little heads of lettuce, I like to serve them as such.
Cheers and chao!
Fooled by the phone...and the rice almost burned onto the bottom--happily, it just stuck and didn't reach the carbonized stage!
ReplyDelete