Thursday, 20 February 2014

I was a paying customer today, that's for sure. But worth it for the results

I am officially, and traditionally, allergic to nothing.  N-O-T-H-I-N-G???

The upside is that I don't have to worry that I'll anaphylactize (yes, I made that one up) over anything...the bad news is that I have to constantly monitor the mix of foods I eat for their histamine content.  It is wonderful though, to sit across from a doctor who seems to thoroughly understand how the body works with regard to allergy and histamine production and release.  It was all very ordinary to her, so I feel good about her knowledge-because many doctors don't seem to really embrace the patient who seems allergic but isn't...

It was an interesting experience (i.e.yuck), as it hurt much more than when I had the poked-back allergy test as a teen...I had to really concentrate to get through because there was something about getting stuck in the back that flashed me back, viscerally!, to the awful spinal anesthetic I had with middle man-the one that lit my body up with what felt like white-hot fire....Apparently, the body remembers faster than the mind.  Whew.  Glad to be on the done side of the process!  Thoughts of "I'm OK! I'm OK! I'm OK!" ran through my mind as I tried to relax enough to reduce the sensation.

I'm heading for a blanket for a while, until it all calms down.  And when I bounce up from that, there's a great deal to do with visas, and consulates, and looking for the payment proof that the rental agency can't find...and general contemplation of the day that began with that meeting I was thinking of...It went well, and it was good to feel that our status-quo challenge was met openly and positively.  It feels better sending your kiddos to a place that is responsive to their rather unusual 'still learning the language' needs... The difference between learning Spanish in a Spanish-speaking environment is quite marked when compared to learning English in the same Spanish-speaking environment because there are ESL experts, but the SSL expert is still forming.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment