Ahhh...
Food has been stocked up since Friday, that's good.
Ella's ill, which is sad for her (missed a birthday party yesterday). The bright spot in the whole gooey business is the part where I let her watch Spanish cartoons all day! We'll head to the festival in the park a little later on, for a bit of fresh air. Her snuffling reminds me, I'll have to take some tissue!
Boys are doing dishes, unfortunately one has paid the other! Ugggghhhh. Not the point, but oh well. Live and learn-for them and me! All I know is that there are some items in there that they never like tackling...for some reason some pots are intimidating, even though they're less than 30 seconds of effort--they look nasty! It's all good experience in responsibility, and so, I am out of the process!
The picture book of our time in Europe is almost done...100 pages worth of tough decision-making. There's a virtual cutting room floor littered with photos that are just fine, but they just didn't make the book!
My lunch was a really simple sauteed veggie concoction. I seasoned them with a few splashes of apple cider vinegar, which ended up combining into at sweet and sour sort of flavour (thanks to the carrots for the sweet, and to the beets for the weird colour of the whole shredded mass!). The kids all seem a bit under the weather, which I suspect is made more obvious by the poor quality of the winter air here.
And now, news from the ever-ruminating part of my mind: if we end up moving, I'll be sad to leave--with the exception of my jubilation at leaving the dirty air! No more information to work with or ponder about what's next for us, just the same recycled questions. So what to focus on? Using up the food, just in case...and sorting clothes so we're not taking anything that will go unworn or outgrown! There are a few things I would not mind taking with, a few things I'm happy to leave behind-like the skinny cutlery that's never really felt right-how weird is that?!! Fresh starts have their upsides;p weird little upsides... Much of me hopes to stay, but I have to keep a little part on hold so that I have what it takes to flip the "go" switch if I need to.
One aspect of the process of changing things up again is that I'm happy Jeff's getting the amount of interest-means the CV is in good shape, and he's had lots of offers to help from people in his professional circles, which has to be a positive for him! People only get to experience that kind of validation when they're in the midst of making changes, so that's an enjoyable part of the whole business. It's a rather "amped-up" state to exist in though, so I'm glad it's temporary, because some ordinary old usual will do us a lot of good too!
That's about all I can think of --oh, and the business-y business of life insurance. I don't like the idea of gaps in coverage as we change companies...Not fond of the $1000 physical though-so I might skip that in favour of a simpler process in Canada. Without reading this over again before I post-I can tell it's a mish mash of topics-but that's fittingly reflective of my state of mind!
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment