It's rainy, and the kitchen was freezing...
Not quite lemonade making times, but......it does mean it's a great time to use up my baking supplies and fire up both ovens. Which I did...to make banana oatmeal muffins. I hope the kids like them-I took a risk and put raisins in them, which could make them really great, or the raisins could just be obstacles-I don't think I've ever made muffins with raisins, because honestly-a raisin isn't my first pick. I always go chocolate chip if given the option--but we didn't bring any back with us this time...so raisins it was!
I woke up with stiff legs this morning-and my first thought was Huh?! I don't remember--ahhh, yes, carried Ella up to her room, so that was like a monster set of squat-lunges. I wonder if I gave her a piggyback, if my quads might react the same way?! Food for thought. I haven't carried her sleeping weight in years, I usually just rustle her awake enough to guide her because I have left over concerns about my back (even though I'm all repaired and feeling strong...I still have some hold-over caution from the 12 years of malfunctioning). Anyway-back's fine...glutes and hams are saying "hello!". I should add that she's shockingly heavy for how slender she appears-or anyone who's seen her lately will think I'm nuts. She's a packed little kid!
There are great options for Jeff's work, and some new options, and maybe even a couple more new options...so that's wonderful. It is taxing my patience though, in all honesty, because I'd like to pin something down, get on, or stay, or just know what we're doing. It's taking a real effort on my part to wait and see, as that is not really my natural approach to things! I prefer getting at _____ whatever it is! Good things are happening. That is the main focus that I return to when pondering. I am actively putting the details on hold.
So what do I do while I'm waiting???? Bake. Use up the pantry stocks. Sort closets. Do school with Keaton, and yesterday-Ella too- because she was finally off the sofa of sickness, but not ready for the classroom yet. She was running on empty by noon...so this day off is excellent for her too, she should be fine for tomorrow.
OK-suddenly very windy here-which is super, super rare. Weird. One minute of wind, now hardly a whisper. Perhaps there will be more time for baking...I have oats, and butter, and cinnamon, so maybe that's oatmeal cookies...or more muffins. We tear through a batch so quickly, that might be the answer to the baking question. The 18 on the countertop should last through the day...especially because they're not gluten free.
Ella's up now, and she just told me she saw the muffins there, and thought "mommy must be awake!"
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment