Thursday, 16 August 2012

No time to waste here!

4:40 was the time when I looked at the clock, 5:10 was the time when I decided I could better spend my time doing something instead of just thinking about things...I think all the thoughts knocking around in my mind made a clatter that woke me!

I was up so early this morning it seemed as though I didn't want to waste a second of this day...so I didn't!  Early spin, though at a low velocity because the cold's still, (or again!) being a pain in the chest, baked some french toast for the kids' breakfast, confirmed book order worked after a mere three hours to upload to the site, planned Keaton's school day, wrote his welcome, wrote his math facts onto the practice board, made a spelling activity out of his "good work habits"...etc...now it's 10:30, and time for tea and cookies.

We're two tantrums into the day, and I'm going to write through the second, rather than play games...All this trouble because I said "not can't...I'd like help with" because that's a better attitude.  I think I must be a real pain in the ass with all this consistency crap!??  OH WELL.  It's pretty early for an OH WELL, but that's the reality of the day.

Upside--where are you?!!!  Ok...the tantrums are shorter, he's bringing himself out of them faster when I say less...I get to practice inhaling slowly, meditating, and keeping my chit chat to a minimum.  Hearing it once is working, I think...because he's left to deal with the situation as it is, and I'm not making myself a target to react against, instead of him needing to focus on the work, and his own internal environment--which brings me to being able to say "good job, you're back at it!".    So now, just for flavour-the second I said that...he dropped his pencil!

I've now said more:
Ideally, you would have kept with the work, and you'd likely be near done...so you've given yourself the job of getting back at it...once you do that, there's a good spelling strategy of saying the word very slowly, stretching it out...so you can hear all the sounds in it, and you'll likely have it either right, or very close to correct.

And,
He's back at it.  And we've had a little laugh, and the cloud has passed.  I know there are more storms coming though...I'm on the lookout for blue skies, but I think I'll have to settle for sunny breaks for the next little while.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmm...

Cheers and chao!

1 comment:

  1. More on this: all really good since the post! On task, with a sense of humour and everything--and Keaton's doing well too! Bahahaaa.

    ReplyDelete