This learning at home business is going really well. So far, great progress on the attitude, insights for me on what goes well for him and what doesn't, and what he needs most, and he's had great opportunities to practice governing himself!
He's practiced multiplication, and knows the difference between mastering and learning now...he's done a rough draft of a large poster as the publication phase of researching Alternative Energy (his book choice from the library), he's kept track of his ideas, and we've gone through positive learning attitudes and practices many times, many different ways (brainstorming, connecting, recording, organizing, and even using them as the words in a spelling activity).
I've been able to point out his successes, and I think he's taking better note of how he got there...he's holding himself a little taller, and I can't even express how great that is to see after nearly two school years of 'drooping'...
That's all- except to note that with all the cooperating, he's regaining access to his room tonight. I think he found it enlightening...I can only imagine how many times he had to stop and think about how he got himself into that situation! He's getting better at everything...and feeling better too, judging from the body language, and smiles:)
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment