SO yeah, it's really hot here today. Slept in until after 10 following our late night BBQ...
It was fun, tonnes of food, and I've never had BBQ meat that good in my life! Perhaps it was because I've not had any for a number of weeks now, but I think it was the best. The marinade I made for the meat was a recipe to recall...soy sauce-without wheat- and ginger, salt and pepper. Once it was off the grill, the ginger had soaked in well, and was still there for flavour. I'll have to try it on the next 20 BBQs we make, it was that good. I'll also need a charcoal BBQ, 6 hours, and about 4 bags of charcoal.
The salads, buns, and cake we took over had some appreciation too-but in the context of the meat, I believe they were mere sides! (Except perhaps for the cake...) Although the beef was amazing, it's not something I'll have often at all-because I know it's just too hard to digest. I'm pleased to discover that I don't have to feel uncomfortable all the time-which I didn't realize until I felt good.
Today's food was very low key, fruit, meat, cheese, and buns...I had leftover salad for lunch, berries for breakfast, the quinoa pudding with coconut milk and maple syrup for snack. I plan to BBQ some chicken tonight, so perhaps I'll give the ginger-soy marinade another chance-see if it can work its magic on the gas grill...
Lat night, I had a bit of bubbly mineral water, flavoured with lemon, and no sugar--and a stomach ache, so I think without bubbles is the best--for all of my beverages. I had a touch of a headache this morning, but water seemed to do the trick. I find I can hardly eat anything in quantity, but--I don't wish to, because I'm feeling so good. The quinoa, the berries, the happy insides...I don't wish to give up any of it. I've also lost another 1/2 lb...so between feeling good, not hungry, and feeling like I'm giving my body a chance to heal itself up--(cross-fries not included!) I know I'm doing the right things for me.
ChaO!
No comments:
Post a Comment