Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Stupid fries, or was I the fool?

Unfortunately, I think I was the fool.  My face burst into hives/rash/breakout the evening of having a few fries at the burger place.  Back to smoothies.  I don't think it was the potatoes, I think it was the gluten floating in the oil the potatoes fried in...because they also do breaded chicken in that oil.  It's disconcerting to think that little bit affects me.  That's the only real conclusion to be made though, but I think it wise to go no potato, then reintroduce, to make sure it wasn't the potatoes after all.  The gut-twist-stab pain that followed the breakout was no picnic either-so that's to be avoided in the future; which means I really need to pin down what did it...

Today's breakfast was lentils for protein, and blueberries to follow.  I love blueberries, no matter how many I eat, I love them!  In addition to being happy about eating blueberries, I've also lost about another pound.  More happy.

Mom and I are going to go to the Curves here, so she can check it out.  If it's air conditioned, then she'll take her gear for a workout another day.  We're planning our excursion for penguins for tomorrow-so I'm looking forward to that.  I have my telephoto lens now:)  I do hope the penguins smile!

Chao!


A quick little addendum here:
Cotton comes from sheep right Grandma?
No, cotton comes from a cotton plant, and wool comes from sheep.
Oh
[little sister adds in]  Yeah, like wool comes from sheep.  All colours of sheep.








No comments:

Post a Comment