It's been so hot (old news) but this morning, I've had to add a denim jacket over my t-shirt--AND a little cotton scarf, it's that chilly!
I have some eggs boiling for the egg challenge. I hope it goes better than the popcorn challenge, because I've not the rippin'est carnivore around; but eggs did the trick for a good protein start in the morning. I would really like for eggs to be an anytime food--not just an occasional thing. I also have brown rice in the cooker, so I'll have a teeny bowl of rice with coconut milk and maple syrup. Why teeny? Because compared to how great I felt with the smoothies, quinoa, lentils and avocados I currently feel like an uncomfortably overstuffed turkey! It is reassuring though, to know that I can feel great. I just need to get through these challenge days.
I've already given it a day and a half, but I still don't feel properly reset after the corn. As frustrating as this whole process can be, I'm still feeling better over all. I'm needing to spend less patience on the kids, but I still feel like I'm having moments where I feel like I need a nice deeeeep breath before I give them a really short answer. I think that's the grouching body at work-so I'm really aware of how I'm responding, and using that as a measure of how even-tempered I'm feeling. Even if I never feel any better than this, I'd be alright-but as I've written before, I'm hoping to do better than "ok".
I am keeping at it...and at the same time, I'm having to fight the urge to encourage everyone who has a gut-ache, or just feels blecchhh to try going without gluten for a week or two. The rewards have been so great for me...clearer head, a calmer core, better energy, and a body that feels much more able to tackle the days.
I've been back to the pool, and I worked so hard yesterday that I was a wet noodle for the remainder of the day. Wet noodle in a good way...I usually do a few lengths of just kicking, to concentrate on a "pilates" set of the core, and the kicking is a great workout...in itself. I worked it extra hard, and with most of my lengths, including the usual front crawls. I am feeling it today, and last night, I was pretty sure one less length would have been just right...I'm fine today though. I love that workout--head to toe, truly! My forearms, my feet, my neck...they're all thanking me today, and I feel good--more energized and aware.
After swimming yesterday, everyone in the family was a little cooked, so instead of cooking, we went to the retro burger joint that we were saving for the right day. That did the trick for everyone, I had lettuce and a few fries to do until I could get home and have something more...the raspberries on the patio were great. It's nice doing all this experimentation while everything is in season. Then, when we're in Canada-everything will be in season again! The hemispherical flip-flopping is great for the plate...
Mom and Dad are getting ready to take a tour up the coast, I'll do some more with my pics, and the kids can do a little camp catch-up. I have to start getting their clocks set back to school time...so I'm going to go get them up!
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment