Sunday, 16 January 2011

So I guess I'm not ready to add in any meat yet...

I'll have to call that progress; though it makes me wonder what condition the system is in...If I can't eat a little bit of turkey.  I didn't do very well though, because I assumed cranberry sauce would be fine, so now I have to do it again, and see if just a little meat alone is ok, because I don't know where to credit the origin of the pain...One and a time, one at a time, one a time--maybe now I'll be a little more careful (though any more care borders on obsession I think!).  Other options include "fastidious, meticulous, methodical..." but those don't really sound any less cuckoo now do they?!  BUT if I'm to move along in what I know about what works for me, I need to be completely immersed in the one at a time concept.

Back to no meat I go...the other complication I'm mulling over is that by eating a single food, with a tract that might be 'leaking', not digesting properly, and dosing my immune system with foods I'd like to enjoy rather than react to...that I might be getting even more sensitive.  I'm doing my best with the herbal stuff, and hoping that the process allows enough healing along the way that what I'm eating doesn't become problematic for me.

I've noticed other good things as well.  My skin is less itchy; and with the exception of the minor whining pains from above, I'm feeling better overall.  Mentally, I feel a little more organized--like I can keep a few thoughts together for more than a fleeting consideration.  The pieces I've read call this a brain fog--getting back to the neurotransmitter production in the digestive tract being wonky, as well as some toxic by-products of candida metabolism passing through the blood.  

I'm more even-keeled, though I'd have to say I couldn't describe my outlook as super-sunny, or laid-back at the moment-- I know I'm not as edgy as before.  I'm enjoying myself, yet at the same time wishing I'd solved this before my parents arrived so I had the kind of energy I wanted to...It's hard to be patient with myself, because I'd like to just fix this, and move on.  This slow path seems to be the only way--though if I look at it with optimism, I've quickly cured the digestive upset, ridded myself of the need for caffeine, and I'm eating really nutritious foods (and the kids are getting a few new ones too:).  The path seems long when I look at the plan--so I'll have to shorten my focus to get through.  OH WELL...I'll do what needs doing.

Today is staring at us, so what shall we do?  Mom wants to shop, Dad wants to stay home, and the kids want to swim...Cheryl and Rodney (our other guests) are easy going about plans, so it's looking like a combo day to make sure everyone gets what they're after.  Mom's baking buns, so I'll stay far away from that process...and I'll get some more photo stuff done.  I exercised yesterday, and hope to do more of the same today...That's decided.

We'll all head to the pool, I'll splash through a few lengths, and let the kids and their grandparents enjoy the summer day at the pool.  Jeff returns tomorrow, NFL playoff game enjoyed, and then there's an entire week of holidays to be had, with the dad!  On that Dr.Suess-ian note, off we go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment