Friday, 21 January 2011

That was 80 minutes well spent.  A deep tissue and relaxation massage here at the hotel.  Do I feel ready for the rest of the day--NO! more like ready for a nap.  The relaxation part is good though...next one will be in the evening, so I can slog my way back to bed...

Last night`s dinner was good, I added the potatoes, possibly a bit early-but I felt ready.  I had salmon too, which might have been the wrong thing to do, but I felt I had been liquid for too long, and there`s no way to get lentils or quinoa here-and I know salmon`s ok, so I did it.  They had a pumkin puree on their menu and it was fantastic, really really fantastic (last one-promise!).  So I enjoyed the pureed pumkin and potato (zapallo y papas) and the salmon.  The amount of salmon I had was teeny, not because of the portion, but because it came breaded, so I cut off a generous portion to get to the non-wheaty part. 

I was very careful with peeling the breaded layer off-and more than a little frustrated with myself for not asking about the fish.  Every other place I`ve eaten has had a nicely naked filet, grilled-no more, no less.  But this place-no...OH WELL, that will teach me for generalizing that what happens in Santiago applies to South America in general...even though I`ve told the kids as much and more than once.  ¨We don´t know all the Chileans, just the ones in Santiago, and we don´t know all of them either...¨

Yikes...Jeff just turned on the tele in the room, and there´s a woman making pasta, with spinach and ricotta cheese.  I feel like I´m missing out more than ever.  I´ve not been feeling too sorry for myself, because feeling better has prevented it.  BUT...that would taste gooooood.  Okay.  Back to gratitude I go...dragging a slight bit, but that´s where I´m headed.  Eat well, exercise well, and all´s well. 

Today, I think we´re going to go try find the shopping shuttle and see some Argentinian goods.  Might even get something to take home.

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment