Well that was cool. And I wasn`t even hungry.
Thanks to Loralie, who has the book, I have been able to confirm that I should indeed be introducing a potato to the body soon...Since I am not in my kitchen, there are no smoothies to be had here. Buenos Aires is fantastic, really, really fantastic. (I include this because it`s how my son fills his journal-that phrase has been in every single one! And I for one, think it`s fantastic, really, really fantastic!)
Now, getting back to the fantastic-ness of the boat tour we were on: we toured for four hours, all along the delta of the Rio Tigre. It`s 220km wide, that river, so there was ocean sized behavior in that water. There are islands that are not connected to the mainland by any bridges whatsoever...so there are boats for everything. Boat for getting kids to school, boat that comes by with groceries, taxi boat, and dozens of touring boats like we were on. There was a point in the cruise when the tree-lined delta narrowed, and the very distant skyline filled the gap. The kids and I were on the back, enjoying the sun and the spray in the open air. Jeff joined, and I ducked back under when my time in the sun was up, and the camera was in danger from the spray! There was even time when the water was washing over the windows and I couldn`t see a thing, and I had a chance to go into a little closed-eye trance, that was just on the awake side of being asleep.
I got some great shots of the houses on the banks, with the river washing over their lawns, and their lovely polished wooden docks. There were people waterskiing in the extremely brown water...no thanks for me! Jet skiiers were taking advantage of the wake the larger boats made, and there was even a topless sunbather to round out the viewing. Yes, I said round out on purpose...Jeff assessed them as bought and paid for!
Overall, Buenos Aires is enormous and dense, the buildings are quite spectacular, I`m enjoying the architecture. Specifically, we`re off to enjoy some nicely grilled beef, after we have tea in the salon...I shall have salad, with lots of lemon, because that`s the latest test food.
sounds absolutely 'fantastic'. Have fun!
ReplyDelete