So for tonight's dinner, I'm trying something new for the BBQ. I had a boneless turkey breast, so I sliced it thinly (about 1cm), laid fresh herbs in the middle, hoping they'd keep it juicy, and wrapped it in prosciutto, then in foil. (I had Dad help for the clean hands stuff:)
We're also having BBQ squash, halved, and scooped, nothing else...potatoes, garlic and onions in foil (standard, for good reason). I made a salad--hopefully I didn't spend enough time with it that I'm over it before I eat any! Lettuce, pears, avocadoes, cucumber and crumbled bacon for colour-and I had two slices left from the wrapping of the turkey...I was thinking of broccoli too, but that might be over-greening this dinner, so that's a maybe. I'll do some carrot sticks, and that's done!
If it's good, I'll remember to post...right now, I'm sitting because I have a stomach ache...the corn challenge might mean corn is a sometimes food for me. If that's the case, I'll have to restrict myself to nachos (if ever I can have dairy again), popcorn, and corn on the cob (only in Canada though...the corn here is grown as a super starch-which I'm sure I've mentioned before!).
If it's good, I'll remember to post...right now, I'm sitting because I have a stomach ache...the corn challenge might mean corn is a sometimes food for me. If that's the case, I'll have to restrict myself to nachos (if ever I can have dairy again), popcorn, and corn on the cob (only in Canada though...the corn here is grown as a super starch-which I'm sure I've mentioned before!).
I have had a la-z-y day here...except for the laundry, groceries, and dinner making. Mom made cinnamon buns so everyone is excited for those. It's been cooler (not really, I'd better say less hot) here today...so we used the ovens. Dad and Jeff went to the range, kids stayed home, and played at the neighbours, then they played here, and then the kids went there, then the had a quick swim--I saw the inflated alligator go zooming by under the arm of the speedo boy.
We're going to eat outside soon, so I have the salad under the bug net to be sure the insect world doesn't start eating before we do. The table is set. I'm going to put my feet up for a couple before we sit down for it. Told you...feeling la-zy today!
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment