Sunday, 23 January 2011

fly away, fly away, fly away home

Today we leave Buenos Aires, back to our beds, and our laundry, and cooking.  I have to say, I´m looking forward to the cooking part, because I need to get back to the quinoa and the lentils.  I´ve not done too badly here...unless I consider the rash an effect, and then I have to rethink how well I´ve done.

Keaton and I are already up, breakfast is done, and we´re just spending a few minutes in the lobby computer bank to give Jeff and Ella enough time to finish sleeping.  We sat at the table by the window; which had an excellent view of the treetop next to the hotel.  Keaton spotted a hummingbird.  It was excellent [his description, which also included awesome].  It was the brightest hummingbird I´ve ever seen, and I think it was also a little demonstration of evolution because the bird happened to be the exact colour of the lime green pods on the tree, with a little pink that perfectly matched the feather blossoms.  We watched, and estimated that it would be able to sip on more than 50 flowers per minute.

The rest of the morning will be spent packing up, showering up, and I might need to have a quick chat with the hotel about our bill.  I picked the place because it had a little room, where I thought we could gather, since we´re three rooms full...and the first morning of our stay, it closed.  I could have booked us into the Holiday Inn--they have breakfast!, and skipped the extra charge...so I´ll see what their answer is.

OH WELL...it was a good try regardless of the outcome.  I have a feeling it might be a lesson learned-maybe their loyalty program isn´t worth it?  I could be a loyal Holiday Inn person...

The day awaits...we´ll see how they enjoyed their tango show, and then we´re off!  It´s been a really neat getaway...the boat ride was great, the food was really different, even the food court had beautiful foods, there is clearly a love of sauce here, and the buildings have been really interesting.  The walk last night to the restaurant was really quiet, passed a few homeless folks (I´m assuming, based on the lack of footwear), but I don´t know if the kids noticed...things like that can escape them.  I shouldn´t say that too broadly though, because they were pretty aware when we were in Valparaiso.  Along with them, our worldview keeps expanding.  I think that was one of our greatest drivers in choosing to come here.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment