I'm not sure why today's so different for me...perhaps I'm tired from being up at 6?! That could be a difference-maker...drank loads of water, ate lots of fruit, had quinoa for breakfast. But right now, what I'd like more than anything else is a mid-afternoon Cola!!! I won't, I just want to. Bubbly and cold would really suit right now.
We're off to the artisan market again, for a couple of last minute things, but I'm holding off a touch to see if Jeff needs a ride back from work. I guess there are always cabs; so maybe I should just get my hop on.
Made an excellent salad today, based on the recipe for quinoa salad from allrecipes.com. If I had added lentils to it, it could be a meal all on its own. I steamed the cauliflower and broccoli very very lightly, because I like it better that way, and I've read that the nutrients absorb more readily than raw.
Kids are all done their practices, and are playing now...and the chicken's in the slow cooker--so I guess I'm ready to roll!
Body wise-I'm feeling pretty good, returning to normal after different water in Buenos Aires... still no cravings, no intense hunger, and I've been able to keep the headaches at bay. I knew we were heading into the heat yesterday, and I had a slight one, so I took advil cold and sinus-but it's the first in days; and I'm happy to not have to snack on those daily now. I do feel like getting some exercise again, after a couple days without much walking, so that's good too.
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment