This is what my daughter says to me...it is also the reason it's 10, and she's not sleeping. Also, she had a hangnail.
It's just starting to cool off slightly in the house, after 32 degrees, again, and again, but tonight--I think it might have dropped a little faster that other nights. I think it might be part of why it's hard to sleep?!
Food wise-corn challenge! I needed to eat a lot of corn yesterday and today, and again tomorrow...well, maybe not a lot-but way more than normal. I have created a slight headache; but I think credit for that one goes to the hours and hours of paperwork success today. No itching, nothing really of note except that I felt too full from the popcorn. I rented two movies to support the corn challenge...Young Victoria and Everyone's Fine. Different, but good movies, each in their own way.
I tried to make lentils, forgot I started them when I dove back into the paperwork, and then went out to pick up clubs for my dad. Not sure what state they're in...I don't they heated at all, so I'm guessing they're fine. I'll have to see. We went out for dinner and there was one thing on the menu I could eat; but I had to switch out the nuts-in-rice pilaf for mashed potatoes. I filled up rapidly and brought the rest home. I've assumed salmon is fine, and I had a little of that, because it's always been fine; and I'm not going to test it.
There's not much protein in the wholelifenutrition.net plan, (reason for starting lentils) so I'm planning to work a lot more veg protein onto my plate. I'm not sure about soy yet, so that's not the solution--have I mentioned yet that I really want/need soy to be fine so I can ever have a coffee again??? Decaf of course--I've no plans to return to headache land!
Feeling a little hungrier these days, so I hope that's not a bad sign that there's goofiness building up in my system. Not really strong urges, but moreso than before. I might need to consider quinoa and avocados as staple foods-but then that kind of flies in the face of a varied diet doesn't it!? I think what I need to find are foods that I can always tolerate, and then determine from there, what I'm able to handle on a less frequent basis.
The candida connection business recommends rotating foods on a four day schedule; but that sounds so intense that I really don't know if I'm up for it. The theory is that the food appears, but doesn't reappear fast enough to sensitize the immune system-therefore, a new food intolerance is avoided.
I'm at the end of a long, yet satisfying day. Jeff returns tonight-so I predict that I won't sleep through that! Risking too much disclosure here but...it's like sleeping next to a freshly-landed 200 pound tuna. Maybe I'll say "ahoy matey" instead of hello...
Chao
No comments:
Post a Comment