Sunday, 9 March 2014

Yesterday's labour already bore fruit...well, if beef were a fruit.

I've been able to pull out one of the little bowls of frozen, prepared ground beef and pop it into the soup.  In yesterday's grocery shop, I went crazy and bought the wild rice (SO many pesos!) because I thought back to Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project and her advice to buy whatever you want at the grocery store--it's always cheaper than eating out, and it's better!

Wild and brown rice, a soup cube, one chopped onion, and 5 cloves or garlic, chopped, are simmering together with the ground beef.  To be even more wild, I'm not making it into soup.  I shall eat it with a fork.  For anyone who might like to try making this, I'd add in some almonds or sunflower seeds, and crumble some delightfully strong cheese- possibly even stinky cheese- over the whole thing...That would be the ultimate serving of it, in my mind.  I'd contemplate some slivered dried cranberries as well... that could be a different day, put together with some fresh oregano, or dill...

Cheers and chao!


What I actually served it with was some snipped green onions, salt and pepper, and a few olives...

No comments:

Post a Comment