Quick/Slow versions of Salmon Soup
It's especially quick, as I didn't start with the usual caramelizing of the onions, or shallots, or garlic--because I didn't use them. It's even quicker than especially quick if you happen to have a piece of cooked salmon in the freezer...
Version healthiest: with wild and brown rice instead of white rice...increase the cooking time to 50 mins, letting the rice cook for 20 minutes before adding the veggies. Then proceed as below.
Quickest Version with white rice
Boil to a boil:
1.5 litres of water
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup of rice
a fat piece of peeled and slivered ginger
500 grams of washed and 'kitchen cut' raw green beans (I went with about 1cm of bean, to have them cook in time with the rice)
Chop the cooked salmon, or raw (it will cook in time, but this is slower...) into largish bite-sized pieces, and add it.
Snip in green onion, as you like it. I was going for some flavour because I didn't use the usual amounts of onion and garlic. It turns out a person can cook without garlic- who knew?!!
Grind in a spicy amount of black pepper-whatever that might be for you.
A couple of turns or a tiny, tiny pinch of sea salt.
And that's that. Cook on a slower simmer until the rice is done, which is about 20 mins. My Colombian friends really liked it, and it was a new and different flavour for them, which made lunch a little more fun.
Cheers and Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment