As I sit down and do more writing, I sometimes forget to take care of the shoulders that do the typing...so I am making a note and a point to be as ergonomic as possible when working, especially at the computer. The high tech solution I found is a square cushion for the chair...problem solved.
Without the cushion, I'm reaching up and scrunching to type. This means sore shoulders, which tighten my neck, which tightens the muscles attaching head to neck, which given enough time = headache. Cushion lifts up my short torso enough to allow shoulders to stay down while I type, so combining that with some neck stretches, and the little yoga break I posted the other day, I should be able to both type and live without a headache.
A little 'almost PS'...I picked up the blood test results from the lab I went to in Februrary. Reading them was a good reminder to stick with the anti flammation ideas I've been pulling together. They showed systemic inflammation, so everything I'm doing, I need to keep doing to try limit the inflammation in the body. It's partially caused by stress response, so I'm going to keep up the mediation and the yoga, as those help regulate the stress hormone release. I also have instant gratification with these two activities, feeling taller and calmer. I also think I am concentrating better, with less mental 'hamster-wheel' happening...and really, who needs all that squeaking anyway?!
Cheers and chao.
No comments:
Post a Comment