If I follow the Blood Type Diet (http://www.dadamo.com/bloodtype_A.htm) for myself, then I'm not eating chicken, one of the favourites of the family. I'm also skipping potatoes, as the nightshades leave me feeling a bit yuck.
So tonight for dinner, rather than worrying over that, I've taken a "fill the oven" approach, and I'll be making chicken, potatoes, and green beens for the family in one dish, and broccoli, salmon and rice for me. The oven is small, but I have one rack to work with for my own dinner. I guess the big decision will be whether I go pilaf with the rice and broccoli or two separate dishes. I think pilaf, as there's one less pot to wash, and it tastes delicious together.
The payoff to a diverging dinner like this, is that there are enough leftovers to supply lunches for the kids for tomorrow, and they've embraced packing their own, so this makes it really easy, and super healthy. Interestingly, the school is promoting healthy eating, while the cafeteria includes actual candies with the students' snacks...
I'll be at that nutrition meeting next week not to speak up (necessarily), but to listen to what the people have to say...and if I absolutely neeeeeed to say something after all of that, then I'll do so. Between the obesity angle and the concentration and the hyperactivity that can happen with colorants...Maybe I'll take a paper or two on nutrition with me, just in case. Now I have to stop blogging and get the right papers researched... quizas en espanol?! (perhaps in Spanish...)
Cheers and chao.
No comments:
Post a Comment