I awoke this morning, and recalled, instantly!, that I'd worked out last night...my shoulders remembered, as did my knee, the left one, the right was silent (which I don't mind)...and my hands and feet are aching again. Apparently, if the thyroid hormone is too high in the blood stream, that hormone will bind to sites that other hormones 'should' be binding to, and that's the cause of the ache-DHEA isn't able to bind enough sites...so I'm working on finding another supplement that will help that process, a thyroid with T4 and T3--I'm obviously hoping it will work.
So about the yoga, I'm able to more cycle of the sun salutation-the limit is the shaking of the arms once I'm done a few...so I took a break last night, and added in some bag work, with squats, shoulder raises, and the pendulum one that helps draw my shoulder down and together, the opposite of the shrug that happens so easily and tenses the muscles in my neck and up into my head. I'm being this specific because I'm monitoring headaches-muscle tension...I'm hardly having headaches, and I'm paying more attention to the state of my upper back and neck. And the reason I'm posting at all isn't to promote that I'm aching-but rather, that the ache is a great reminder that I'm stronger today than yesterday; and I'm pretty sure my posture is improving. These make me more mindful of being active, and that makes it easier to keep at it.
I'll be sure to recall all this when I have to spend more time in front of a computer again---
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment