Friday, 7 February 2014

Agreement?!! All this research is corroborated in the test results...(with only one left pending)

The various theories and ideas I've adopted over the last years and weeks seem to be valid, not only symptomatically and anecdotally, but in the lab results from the blood work.

Allergy?  As enigmatic as ever-not really showing up in the blood work, which supports the histamine theory I've been investigating.

Inflammation?  Certainly present in the blood work which supports the leaky gut business, as well as eating foods that contradict themselves by being anti-inflammatory, and higher in histamine...So I'll keep taking the amino acids that are supposed to rebuild the lining of the gut.

Here's what else I'll keep doing:

  • yoga (because I like feeling taller, and more flexible, and like I've actually done something)
  • exercise (to burn off stress gently and build muscle)
  • stretching (because I like seeing progress--achieved nose to knees yesterday!)
  • meditating (because I can actually feel it work)
  • cooking and trying to avoid creating leftovers (because it's inspiring to have to create food that often, and it's pushing me to try new combinations)
  • taking vitamins, including the evening primrose oil and multi B to help with the hormone regulating, calcium because I don't really do much dairy and I am a fan of the good posture and keeping my original hips for years and years to come 
  • candid cleanse until it's gone to help prevent/limit overgrowth that perforates the lining in the small intestine--which also means cutting out most sugar-except the sugar in the natural blueberry pomegranate juice I mix with the fibre in the morning
  • researching (because I have found value and learning in the experiences and opinions out there)
  • blogging (because I like sharing and imagining that my experiences are helping others)
  • seeing the Doctor here who listens and cares that I'm still falling asleep, or wanting to, midday. He actually said today, that although the studies only care about dramatic results with thyroid study-that they only look for the greatest results- that there are about 15% of thyroid supplementing patients who don't necessarily convert the T4 into T3, and that many of them feel better when taking a supplement (bovine sourced...but what the heck-I do eat steak) that includes both T4 and T3...and while those designing studies might not focus on the quality of life for those 15%, it matters when the patient is sitting in front of the doctor wanting to feel better.  That's a doctor who's taking care of patients in my book!  He also referred me to an allergist here...so I'll try that as well.
  • continue researching foods that are anti-inflammatory
  • adhering as best I can to the blood type diet recommendations
  • planning my consulting future, as I like contemplating that, and good's good to think about...
Here's what I'll stop doing:
  • avoiding foods that are high in histamine, if they're also known to be anti-inflammatory
  • thinking that any one person has the answers, including me...but I won't go so far as to crowd source my health--that's my responsibility.
And for now, I have to go make the "put off going for groceries for four days because I was home with sick kiddos all week" soup for dinner.  They need the hot liquid nutrition!

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment