I wasn't able to escape the headache this month...but I still feel like I'm in a better state than I was before, as I wasn't confined to the couch, turtling in pain...close, but I pushed back and went out anyway, hoping that the walking and activity would help. Today's investigation adventure is heading for the blood work that the Doctor asked for. I'm not going to two of them though, as they test for gluten antibodies; if I'm not eating gluten though, those antibodies won't be there, and I'm sure not going to gift myself with three days of sickness to confirm that I should not eat things with gluten, as I already know that. Did I mention the 900 dollars I'm not spending on those? That's significant too...for information I already have, I am not prepared to lay out that kind of cash...if I was mystified and still eating gluten, maybe...but maybe I'd just cut gluten out and see how I felt.
I am going to go ahead with the allergy antibodies tests though...perhaps that will give me a clue about the histamines?! The others are regular tests for me, looking at the thyroid levels, glucose, etc... which means I am currently fasting-completely against good health, but in the general interest, so off I go to the blood draw, light headed and wishing for breakfast.
I tried a few things yesterday, on the "cheat" day, which I basically turned into a challenge day...I had beef, which seemed fine, and I had rum, which seemed fine, and a decaf coffee with rice milk, which did not sit well at all, so...not fine. I'll confirm each again on another test day, but today isn't that day. Back to basics for the day, and then I'll challenge beef again...and when the coffee challenge day comes, I'll be testing out a regular one, with no rice milk, and checking rice milk again on a different day. Inhale...exhale, and off I go.
Cheers and chao.
No comments:
Post a Comment