Friday, 17 January 2014

Blueberries are little bursts of "yay"

Yesterday, when shopping and mincing my bloated self along...I found blueberries.  I bought six tiny packs (longing a little for the days in Vancouver of buying them still hot from the sun in flats..) thinking "six should be enough" I thought I'd factored in the kids' love of them as well...and as of this morning-less than 24 hours later- I have only two.  I go back to the store today, hoping for more.

I also found a little pack of fresh aloe-supposed to be good whilst one heals one's guts- so I added that into the psyllium fibre, candida-killing, toxin absorbing, extra flax fibre, omega containing shake of delicious sludge I have been drinking to wash down the dandelion-something that's supposed to help support liver function whilst one tries to flush out whatever's bugging.  The orange flavour of the fibre powder really helps it along.  And as for taking dandelion powder--that seems like a harmless enough thing--at worst, it's a placebo?! at best, it's actually helpful.

Though my socks and watch continue to make indentations in my body, I do feel less puffed.  I also think I'm thinking more clearly, and I'm noticing it's easier to manage the anxieties that have been grouching about.  The voice in my head (don't worry, I know it's me) that gets louder when I feel gross is quieting a bit, and I'm having to work less hard at shifting from the negatives into the positives.  I'm going for a relaxation massage today...true to the promise I made to myself to actively relax...

Last night I got the meditation in...did a few yoga positions to stretch...and I'll do it again today.  Tomorrow's plan is to fit in some more exercise, which should be simple enough, given that we have made no plans!  If I feel like it, I'll bike tonight too...it's a great way to justify watching television.

Thanks to the people who've been commenting via FB-- it's helping me continue investigating, and knowing what's useful for people, and the affirmations/confirmations are useful, as well as fun!

Cheers and chao


No comments:

Post a Comment