Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Back to the grocery store

First, the good news: no coffee today, and only one glass of coke zero, because frankly, I was afraid of a caffeine headache, so I had that instead of coffee…and I felt ok until mid afternoon.

Breakfast was a banana, and some little arrowroot cheese baked guys-pan de quesos- and I should be switching away from anything made with any flour, just to make sure I'm helping starve out the candida and swing the balance back in my favour.  Trouble is, I couldn't find the quinoa I brought back…but (self-congratulatory moment) I DID find it when I unpacked my suitcase today.  I'm not so keen to unpack as I am to vacation…

Lunch was sautéed vegetables and a little rice - white, though brown would have been better- but they weren't serving the brown rice…so white it was.  I had a lemonade and when I got home, felt nauseated again, and vomited again, so perhaps lemonade isn't so smart.  The headache wasn't as bad today, I didn't take any medications, though I did use the oil my sister in law gave to me, it's a wintergreen something and really takes the edge off if the headache isn't roaring.

So for dinner, I'm trying to incorporate low-histamine, cruciferous vegetables, with whole amaranth, along with shallots and garlic.  That turns into a vegetable dish, or a soup, depending when the dinner I made for everyone else is ready.  I started with a teaspoon of butter, added cauliflower, shallots, and shredded cabbage (every market has it's conveniences-the one I was at yesterday has bags of shredded cabbage from time to time).  I sautéed those for a while, letting the cauliflower caramelize a little, added chopped fresh dill, two veggies cubes (though staying away from nightshades, there is a little potato starch in those-but, once again, I used what I had…figuring that a few milligrams of potato starch likely wouldn't change my fate), and then I added some water, and the whole amaranth.  It smells good, so I hope it measures up to the aroma!

I'm feeling good enough today, after two days of naps, to get back into some exercise tonight.

Cheers and chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment