Sunday, 3 April 2011

Well, that was just nutty! (The family BBQ, I mean)

We were invited to the "team builder" get-to-know-the-project's-families BBQ.  It was fun, but I had to run nut patrol before anyone started serving the food, because there were nuts out and about...actual nuts, not people slightly off-centre.

It was nice to get together, and there were some people there I hadn't met yet.  I was "Jeff's wife" again...and "esposa de Jeff" otra vez.  Those are the same, but I missed my Wednesday Spanish lesson, so I have been attempting to makeup for it by purposely thinking in Spanish.  I could do more...but I enjoyed the time off too.  The language centre in my brain is pretty busy these days.

As for food, the face is all rashy, and I'm crediting _____ .  I've almost resigned myself to never minding about foods I used to eat, and just sticking with the ones I know are sure things...almost.  I've been able to definitively exclude green tea from my intake...unless there's a powder form that doesn't nauseate me.   I won't miss green tea.  I still miss coffee.  The smell of it got me today--I think I actually moved like a cartoon character does when they're starving, and they catch the scent of food in the air and it pulls them along by the nose...feet off the ground and everything.  I was overcome.  But...I had none.  I'm tough like that now [catch breath, and regain composure].

I've been away from the pool, and substituting the bike sporadically, but enough...because the kids were on and off sick, well, headache, ok for most of the week--so I just skipped the whole lesson scene, and let them recover.  I think we're back on for this week though.  I need it.  I feel like I'm floppifying without it.  I think it's excellent for my back too, all that stretching and pulling.

I've pulled a couple of movies into viewing range now, so I think I'll check those out before I call the day quits.  If they're any good, I'll post my two cents on them.  So far, I've yet to see a movie that I've enjoyed more than Date Night...it's still the last best movie on my list.

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment